Thursday, January 06, 2005

A Late Night Post..

"...
Trust I seek and I find in you, every day for us something new
open mind for a different view,
And Nothing Else Matters

Never cared for what they do, never cared for what they know
But I know ....

So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are

and Nothing else matters ..."

"Nothing Else Matters "- "Metallica - The Black Album" 1991

Am hearing Metallica after a long long time ....

Every time I hear this song...so beautifully presented by Hetfield's deep voice.. ... it seems to bare his inner thoughts .. it seems to be telling everyone, whatever you do in life, whatever places you roam, how high heights you ascend to, you as a person are always known through your loved ones... your close ones... its a perfect rendition of being away from the ones you love most.. but still being close to their heart...

I think too, in these 3-4 years.. of being away from my parents.. , loved ones... i have met so many new persons, roamed places, made new friends, had good or bad experiences... but , its them who have always been there for me.. always, stood beside..

you can as well sometimes find yourself talking to them personally in your mind... asking them as if through telepathy.. what to do in this condition, if I did the right thing there, and almost half expect them to respond the same way inside your thoughts as they would do if they were present next to you in person..

So sometimes I feel is it really worth it? to live a life so far away from these very people.. It seems as if the very place from where you started your journey is itself actually the final destination... No matter how many miles you tread.. its as if there is this someone else.. functioning inside of you.. trying to establish an identity, craning your neck, fighting with millions of other similar people for fame, power, wealth and other hundreds of comforts.. when the real solace is actually besides your loved ones, and the place where you actually began your travails from but had left your heart back in the first place... .. No wonder they say James Hetfield penned this song when he was on the road, on the move , away from his roots...
A really beautiful set of lyrics....

One of my team members.. has just left the organisation... January is a critical juncture in the project progress path. .. and I am looking at a loss of around 10-12 man-days.. but I guess we will get over it soon..

The new year night was pretty good.. . enjoyed with my friends, one of them came from outside the city.. ... had good food ... went to the temple.. played tennis and had had a half hour romp at the pool... We were planning to spend the night and the new year day at a resort.. but decided against it at the last moment..

Many of my friends are themselves job hopping nowadays.. and it seems that the IT corporate circles are buzzing with who went where and what was the pay package.. etcetra... I hear how one can join a company .. stay with it for 3 months.. and then just join yet another company.. and double your package in 3 months in the process... Everyone seems to have begun thinking of himself / herself as more a commodity...

Its 9:45 pm here @ my office.. and I am drained of all energy and the will to continue working.. The off white Company T-Shirt I so proudly ironed in the morn.. is showing the wrinkles and stains.. of the day long fight it itself would have endured throughout the day. Will leave for home now..

Just felt like adding something to the blog. havent quite posted for a long time.... Its a costly indulgement at this late hour to begin scribbling when you ought to be home by now.. but its also the time when rather than the ear paining head phones... you can allow the music to blare from the speakers of this thinkpad and flow across all the small and smaller cubicle boundaries.. that flood this office floor.. and this is the only time you can have a private moment in this otherwise cacophonic and noisy setting.. .. and maybe stretch your legs.. have a cup of coffee and relax your tired mind with a loved song... Yeah... Metallica is not so good for tired minds, ... but I am sure... when you begin hearing this song...

Nothing else matters..



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam here..Me first :)

Awesome post..Wat a coincidence...I was just talking to my roomies abt the same thing..whether it is worth stayin away from loved ones, etc..when I hopped onto your blog..And this is what I read ! Talk abt telepathy :)

You are so damn true..The place where you start from is infact your actual final destination !! What an irony !

What is the sense in roaming miles and seeing places when you've left your heart at home in the first place..

Home is where the heart is !

Anonymous said...

Mehak Says...archan ..u write soo well....job hopping thing yeah too common n in excess these days...take care...aaraam karo...

Anonymous said...

Hi Archan Hem here. Well I have never been away from Home uptil now...maybe now I have to move and I have been thinking all that you have written..I just hope I am able to cope up well with these changes. Btw you write really well!!!

Anonymous said...

hii Noorie here... really how come you write such truth...though i have been never away from home... lucky one...but really feel what the life would be when i have to leave my parents, my loved ones behind...and you are also correct about job hopping my friends are also a part of it.. really feel why all are running behind materialistic thing like MONEY?/

Anonymous said...

WOW...u wrote it great...whatever u said is real truth...but mine was a different story..i am staying at home with my loved ones..but want to leave to a remote place and stay independently...