Monday, October 11, 2004

Long Time, No C

Sorry Bloggy,

Ignored you after just our first conversation.. Got a bit bz.
Plead ya, forgivance this time.. okay? Wont mess up again.

For my pals, who know all , and some who dont.. or just for the record.

Lets see what Ive done since July..
a) Brought up the project I have been leading since March to a good shape. Have battled resistance, competition, technical difficulties and now am starting to see the efforts bear fruit .. am pretty happy at myself..
b) Reached Raleigh , North Carolina Its been 3 months here at the Candlewood Suites,
c) Visited New York, Washington , Pittsburgh, Have driven for almost 3000 miles since these past three months, Tried out the Chevy Malibu (awesome car), the Mazda 6 (sports modelish but bad mileage) and the Oldsmobile Alero (Naaaaaahhhh) !!
d) Splashed at the Atlantic.. waded across the brooks... trekked the hills and viewed the beautiful waterfalls at North Carolina..
e) Caught up with atleast 15 friends over this period (cousins, schoolmates, neighborhood mates, ex office mates) .. some of them even after 7.5 years.. Did loads of talking..
f) Loads of American culture.. American ppl , movies, series, Presidential debates, roads n highways, malls n markets, blacks and whites, (A) football and baseball, food and restaurants, hangouts, museums and torrid weather (hurricanes) :)
g) Missed my folks and all my friends back home..

What else is up? What else is arnd?
a) Cricket, Cricket, Cricket.. India Australia At Home.. We trail by 0-1 at this stage.. With Tendulkar out of the first two tests with a Tennis elbow and Sourav and guys horribly out of form I think we should be lucky to survive with even a single draw..
b) Two of my friends.. Aparna and Harsh ..getting married.. Aparna on the 8th of October.. Harsh on the 8th of December, Pretty happy for both of 'em
c) maybe a MS degree?
d) Growing a teeny weeny paunch :)
e) Loads of shopping for friends and relatives .. the loved ones :) and some fer myself..
f) Hearing New songs.. Veer Zaara, Swades... also.. old ones.. loads of Mozart, and Mohd. Rafi..
g) Happy Birthday to the Phenom .. Amitabh Bachhan .. I love most of his movies..
Sholay,Chupke Chupke, Amar Akbar Anthony, Mard, Deewar, Kabhi Kabhi, Silsila, Anand, Agneepath, Namakharam, Baghbaan , Abhimaan, Zanjeer, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Namak Halaal, Mili, Sharaabi,Lawaaris, Naseeb, Coolie, Kaalia, Trishul, Shahenshah,Kaante, Majboor, Hum, Khuda Gawah mostly in this order :) The others I dont like much..
h) The first Afghan elections since years and years.. Tho I seriously think , the US media here is closed and biased, I think it showed some really heartening images about the Afghanis ... I hope the country gets some peace.. and some development.. and have some kind of economic and social independence..


What may the future hold?
a) Back home in Delhi for the festivites next week.. October 18th... starting.. will be visiting Ma n Dad after a long time.. and would be back for the Durga Puja after 4 long years.. Just Cant wait :)
b) A bit of planning for the next 3 years
c) Updating my blog and website.. (will tell you the site url a bit later when its presentable).. Over the next days.. I plan to update this space with more about myself.. .. about me .. my life.. my past and my profession.. my likes and dislikes..
d) Loads of excercise and toning up (courtesy previous section Point d)
e) Learning more of Distribution Transformers .... and Learning more of .NET ... (it still continues to fascinate me)

Before I sign off for the day.. I must admit the fact that there was one specific thing that made me write up today. .. I read up my friend Sameer's blog after a long time..Ran through some of his archive writings, and enjoyed them a lot.. Maybe its time.. I start keying up as well. :) ...


BBye for now.. Meet you tomorrow.. (and yes i know, tomrw is 24 hours and not 3 months :)) )

Archan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does this work? :))